Basal Dental Implantology
It is an advanced implantology system which utilizes the basal – cortical portion of the jaw bones for retention of the dental implants which are uniquely designed to be accommodated in the basal – cortical bone areas. The basal bone provides excellent quality cortical bone for the retention of these unique and highly advanced implants.
When all teeth are lost, the body recognizes that the portion of the jaw bones supporting the tooth roots is no longer necessary. Thus the body begins to reabsorb the minerals in these areas to the rest of the body where they can be used. This process is called resorption. The jaw bone thus starts shrinking slowly.
Advantages of the Immediate Load Basal Dental Implants :
A prosthesis is fixed within 72 hrs. of implant surgery, saving time and costs considerably. In the case of conventional implants associated with bone augmentation/grafting procedures, the total treatment time will be about 6 months to 1 year. The need for interim dentures/provisionals is totally eliminated, in addition to avoidance of a second surgery for implant exposure in order to fix the abutment over the implant.
Fast, Safe & Painless Dental Implant procedures with unique advantages of:
- Immediate loading
- Avoidance of bone grafting
- Single piece implantology
- Basal / Cortical bone support
- Minimally invasive
- Solutions for unfavorable bone situations
- Extremely low failure rates
- Virtually no incidence of Peri-implantitis
Medically compromised situations
– Basal implants work fine in
- Controlled diabetics,
- Patients suffering from chronic destructive periodontitis,
- Patients who have little or no bone for conventional implants.